ISBN - 9780702043451
Autor(es) - Mary Ann Broad, Matthew, Sandy Thomas, Paul Twose
Editora - Churchill Livingstone
Ano de Edição - 2012
N º de Páginas - 212
This new innovative resource aims to give physiotherapy students and those new to respiratory care a simple, easy-to-use guide to the process and procedures used in the assessment of adult respiratory patients.
Cardiorespiratory Assessment of the Adult Patient begins by identifying the scope of respiratory physiotherapy and listing some key aims of assessment with an overview of different approaches. It then goes on to provide a selection of 'assessment checklists' for the main clinical settings which the physiotherapist is likely to encounter. Chapter 3 provides a selection of 'assessment tools' given alphabetically, including those that physiotherapists may be expected to carry out themselves and those where they only need to interpret the assessment findings. These tools include a systematic guide to the procedure involved (where relevant) and an explanation of the key findings and their significance for the physiotherapist.
In the final section, individuals can apply their knowledge using case scenarios and suggested solutions are also provided.
- Assessment checklists for main clinical settings - ideal for aide memoires
- Assessment tools listed alphabetically
- Tools include clear step-by-step guidance for relevant procedures
- Key points boxes help to prioritize and identify what to focus on in each setting
- Spiral-binding allows for easy, lie-flat reference
- Pull-out bookmark of normal values and common abbreviations for easy reference