ISBN - 9780443101144
Autor(es) - Leon Chaitow
Editora - Churchill Livingstone
Ano de Edição -
N º de Páginas -
N º de páginas: 276
Ano de Edição: 2006
Describes the basis and practice of MET ie those manipulative techniques in which a patient, on request, actively uses his or her muscles from a controlled position in a specific direction against a distinct counterforce applied by the practitioner.. This is now a widely recognised approach to the treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction. It combines methods used in physical therapy, osteopathy, chiropractic and manual medicine. The text provides a comprehensive and uptodate presentation of the techniques. The DVD-Rom includes video clips to demonstrate the application of the techniques and so supports and supplements the text.
- Bonus DVD-Rom includes video clips of the author demonstrating the technique
- Details the background to soft tissue dysfunction and explains the chain reactions which occur as part of such dysfunction
- Provides precise assessment and diagnosis guideline
- Gives many variations on the safe use of MET in acute, chronic and rehabilitation settinG
- Explains the use of MET for whole muscle problems, local dysfunction and joint restriction
- Suggests patient self-application methods.
- Some additional techniques to be added to both text and DVD-Rom video
- Expanded sections on some of the techniques already included
- Updated throughout with reference to most recent published research
- Four new contributed chapters on efficacy and research, MET in a massage therapy setting, MET in treatment of athletic injuries, and MET in physical medicine settings.
1. An introduction to muscle energy techniques
2. Patterns of function and dysfunction
3. How to use MET