ISBN - 9780849392870
Autor(es) - Vincent J.M. DiMaio, Suzanna E. Dana
Editora - CRC Press
Ano de Edição - 2007
N º de Páginas -
N º de páginas: 298
Ano de Edição: 2007
- Illustrates the effects of blunt force injuries as well as stab, incised, and chop wounds to various parts of the body
- Differentiates between suffocation, strangulation, and chemical asphyxia
- Evaluates gunshot wounds and wound patterns left by different caliber ammunition
- Studies neo-naticide, infanticide, and chronic abuse patterns, as well as sexually related homicide
- Presents specific information regarding deaths during surgery and while in police custody
- Examines deaths due to drugs both illicit and prescribed, and offers methods of analysis including blood concentrations, gas and liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry.
Handbook of Forensic Pathology, Second Edition, provides an up-to-date, concise manual illustrating all core aspects of modern forensic pathology. This new edition retains the outline format of the original, which allows for quick access and rapid assimilation. Written in no nonsense, easily understandable language, this precise and thorough, yet compact resource contains extensively detailed entries from two of the nation's foremost authorities on gunshot wounds and forensic pathology. With numerous instructional charts and diagrams and new full-color photographs, it organizes a wealth of instructional and immediately applicable information.
Introducing medicolegal casework and documentation, this resource explains protocols for the collection and recovery of evidence and DNA analysis, and lists factors used to determine time of death and identify remains. It covers the natural causes of death in children and adults as well as a myriad of non-natural causes including homicide, suicide, accidental, and undetermined.
New in the Second Edition:
· Introduces an entirely new chapter on nursing home death
· Examines added information on gunshot residue
· Presents new research on Tasers, pepper spray, and Excited Delirium Syndrome
· Includes new full color photographs
With meticulous detail and instant access to extensive information, Handbook of Forensic Pathology, Second Edition, is an indispensable tool for forensic pathologists, law enforcement, legal personnel, as well as pathologists in training.