ISBN - 9780131275676
Autor(es) - Catherine Housecroft, Edwin Constable
Editora - Prentice Hall
Ano de Edição - 2005
N º de Páginas -
N º de páginas: 1285
Ano de Edição: 2005
Chemistry Third Edition Provides robust coverage of the different branches of chemistry - with unique depth in organic chemistry in an introductory text - helping students to develop a solid understanding of chemical principles, how they interconnect and how they can be applied to our lives.
- Chapters are grouped into inorganic, physical and organic components, with integrating themes highlighted throughout. This provides flexibility and highlights the connections between different areas.
- Topic boxes throughout the book highlight the applications of chemistry in industry, biology, the environment and the laboratory. These help students to understand the relevance of chemistry to everyday life. *The text is four-colour throughout with three-dimensional computer-generated artwork, and is supported by CHIME graphics on the companion website, helping students to visualise chemical structures.
- Definition boxes and end-of-chapter checklists provide excellent revision aids.
- End-of-chapter problems reinforce learning and develop subject knowledge in this edition, answers to non-descriptive problems have been added at the end of the book.
- A companion website at www.pearson co.uk/housecroftfeatures multiple-choice questions, rotatable three-dimensional molecular structures, and a Mathematics Tutor. For full information and details of the OneKey resource available with this book, see page xx.