ISBN - 9780702044205
Autor(es) - Steven Yentis, Nicholas Hirsch, James Ip
Editora - Churchill Livingstone
Ano de Edição - 2013
N º de Páginas - 592
Building on the success of previous editions, Anaesthesia and Intensive Care A-Z (Fifth edition) remains the most comprehensive single volume source of relevant aspects of pharmacology, physiology, anatomy, physics, statistics, medicine, surgery, general anaesthetic practice, intensive care, equipment, and the history of anaesthesia and intensive care.
Originally prepared as essential reading for candidates for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and similar exams, this fully updated edition will also prove as invaluable as ever for all anaesthetists and critical care physicians, as well as operating department practitioners and specialist nurses.
All entries have been carefully reviewed and new ones added to reflect the latest advances and the evolving field breadth. This edition includes a structured checklist of entries, ordered by curriculum core topic area, as an additional new aid for those planning their revision. Also for the first time, this fifth edition now comes with complementary access to the complete electronic version of the book. It is now easy to use the content just as you need it, anytime, anywhere - whether online or offline, on your laptop, tablet or mobile device.
- New edition of a highly successful information source for the trainee and resident anaesthetist
- Covers all aspects of anaesthesia and critical care medicine - pharmacology, physiology, anatomy, physics, statistics, medicine, surgery, general anaesthetic practice, intensive care, equipment and the history of anaesthesia and intensive care.
- Succinct, clearly written text with associated diagrams make quick reference easy
- Entries arranged alphabetically, with related items in the same entry to ensure full coverage of topics
- Biographical details given for eponymous entries
- Fully referenced throughout
- Particularly suitable for candidates of post-graduate examinations
New to This Edition
- Additional line diagrams further enhance topic descriptions
- Contains a wide expansion of new entries and revisions of existing ones to reflect ongoing advances in the field
- New exam preparation checklist ordered by core topics, for more effective use of revision time and enhanced confidence
- Comes with complete eBook version - more flexible and practical than ever before, with anytime, anywhere electronic access
Your eBook is much more than just ‘pictures of pages’:
- Fully searchable, with main category entries prioritised in search returns
- Customise your page views
- Highlight and make searchable notes
- Print and copy-and-paste with bibliographic support
- Download to multiple devices, including desktop and mobile