ISBN - 9780702049590
Autor(es) - J. Michael Dixon
Editora - Saunders
Ano de Edição - 2013
N º de Páginas - 328
The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Breast Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
New to This Edition
- An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
- The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
- A new chapter covers advances in breast reconstruction.
- The extended chapter on imaging includes the controversies surrounding breast screening.
- A more detailed discussion of the management of nipple discharge including ductoscopy is included in a new chapter.
- The dramatic changes on the management of the axilla and the controversial Z0011 trial are covered in a new chapter.
Table of Contents
- The role of imaging in breast diagnosis including screening and excision of impalpable lesions
- Pathology and biology of breast cancer
- Nipple discharge and the role of ductoscopy in breast diseases
- Breast-conserving surgery: the balance between good cosmesis and local control
- Techniques of mastectomy - tips and pitfalls
- Oncoplastic procedures to allow breast conservation and a satisfactory cosmetic outcome
- The axilla: current management including sentinel node and lymphoedema
- The genetics of breast cancer, risk-reducing surgery and prevention
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast cancer treatments of uncommon diseases
- Treatment of ductal carcinoma in situ
- The role of adjuvant systemic therapy in patients with operable breast cancer
- Locally advanced breast cancer
- Metastatic disease and palliative care
- The role of adjuvant radiotherapy in the management of breast cancer
- Psychosocial issues in breast cancer
- Benign breast disease
- Litigation in breast disease