ISBN - 9788847054370
Autor(es) - Carlo Mariotti (Ed.)
Editora - Springer
Ano de Edição - 2014
N º de Páginas - 282
- Comprehensive account of the current surgical treatment of breast cancer
- Invaluable reference for both experienced practitioners and trainees
- Numerous informative tables and illustrations?
This book presents the most recent developments in oncologic breast surgery and takes full account of diagnostic, pathologic, and radiologic inputs. It is divided into three parts, the first of which discusses the premises underlying the modern surgical approach to breast cancer. The second part is devoted to what might be termed the conservative program, i.e., breast conservation and oncoplastic surgery, conservative mastectomy, and sentinel node biopsy and axillary dissection. The final part of the book covers different forms of surgery and other treatments in particular settings. Topics include plastic and reconstructive surgery, DCIS surgery, radio-guided surgery, adjuvant systemic therapy, intraoperative radiotherapy, and the role of surgery in locally advanced and metastatic disease. The detailed descriptions of techniques are accompanied by numerous high-quality illustrations. This book will be of value to both experienced practitioners and surgical trainees.
Table of Contents
Section I Modern Surgical Treatments:
- 1 Instrumental and interventional diagnostics
- 2 Pathology of breast cancer.
- 3 Breast unit and assistance setting.
Section II Conservative Program:
- 4 Breast conservation and oncoplastic surgery.
- 5 Conservative mastectomy.
- 6 Sentinel node biopsy and axillary dissection.
Section III Special Issues:
- 7 Plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- 8 DCIS surgery.
- 9 Prophylactic surgery ( BRCA 1- BRCA2).
- 10 Breast cancer in women, in pregnancy and Paget disease.
- 11 Locally advanced breast cancer.
- 12 Adjuvant systemic therapy.
- 13 Intraoperative radiotherapy.
- 14 Primary surgery in metastatic breast cancer.
- 15 Senologic nursing and data manager.