ISBN - 9781455749751
Autor(es) - Michael McDermott
Editora - Saunders
Ano de Edição - 2013
N º de Páginas - 592
The thoroughly updated Endocrine Secrets, 6th Edition continues the tradition of the highly popular Secrets Series®, offering fast answers to the most essential clinical endocrinology questions. A user-friendly Q&A format, replete with valuable pearls, tips, and memory aids, helps you to learn and study efficiently. It all adds up to a perfect concise board review or handy clinical endocrinology resource.
- Expedite your reference and review with a question-and-answer format that's conversational and easy to read.
- Zero in on key information with bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from prominent endocrinologists, and "Key Points" boxes that provide a concise overview of important board-relevant content.
- Quickly review essential material with a chapter containing the "Top 100 Secrets" in endocrinology.
- Take your Secrets anywhere thanks to a convenient, pocket-sized design!
New to This Edition
- Remain at the forefront of medical endocrinology with updates on new techniques and technologies, as well as changing treatment options and drug information.
- Equip yourself for effective practice with coverage of the most current developments in obesity management, weight loss drugs, and bariatric surgery; the newest guidelines for the pharmacological treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus; and much more.
- Make use of practical tips on intensive insulin therapy, and apply evidence-based techniques to achieve appropriate glucose control in hospitalized patients and effectively manage thyroid cancer.
- Access the latest research concerning the benefits and risks of the wide range of osteoporosis therapies.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Fuel Metabolism
1. Diabetes Mellitus
2. Acute and Chronic Complications of Diabetes
3. Intensive Insulin Therapy
4. Inpatient Management of Diabetes and Hyperglycemia
5. Diabetes in Pregnancy
6. Lipid Disorders
Section 2: Bone and Mineral Disorders
9. Glucocorticoid -Induced Osteoporosis
10. Measurement of Bone Mass
11. Osteomalacia, Rickets, and Vitamin D Insufficiency
12. Paget's Disease of Bone
15. Hypercalcemia of Malignancy
Section 3: Pituitary and Hypothalamic Disorders
18. Pituitary Insufficiency
19. Nonfunctioning Pituitary Tumors
20. Prolactin Secreting Pituitary Tumors
21. Growth Hormone Secreting Pituitary Tumors
22. Glycoprotein Secreting Pituitary Tumors
23. Cushing's Syndrome
24. Water Metabolism
25. Disorders of Growth
26. Growth Hormone Use and Abuse
Section 4: Adrenal Disorders
27. Primary Aldosteronism
29. Adrenal Malignancies
30. Adrenal Insufficiency
31. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
Section 5: Thyroid Disorders
32. Thyroid Testing
36. Thyroid Nodules and Goiter
37. Thyroid Cancer
38. Thyroid Emergencies
39. Euthyroid Sick Syndrome
40. Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy
41. Psychiatric Disorders and Thyroid Disease
Section 6: Reporductive Endocrinology
42. Disorders of Sexual Differentiation
43. Disorders of Puberty
44. Male Hypogonadism
48. Hirsutism and Virilization
50. Use and Abuse of Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids and Androgen Precursors
Section 7: Miscellaneous Topics
51. Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
52. Autoimmune Polyendocrine Syndromes
53. Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors
54. Carcinoid Syndrome
55. Cutaneous Manifestations of Diabetes Mellitus and Thyroid Disease
56. Aging and Endocrinology
57. Endocrine Surgery
58. Endocrinology in the Managed Care Environment
59. Sleep and Endocrinology
60. Endocrine Case Studies
61. Famous People with Endocrine Disorders
62. Intresting Endocrine Facts and Figures