ISBN - 9781439872116
Autor(es) - Sashwati Roy, Debasis Bagchi, Siba P. Raychaudhuri
Editora - CRC Press
Ano de Edição - 2012
N º de Páginas - 472
Molecular Pathophysiology, Nutritional and Therapeutic Interventions
Although acute inflammation is a healthy physiological response indicative of wound healing, chronic inflammation has been directly implicated in a wide range of degenerative human health disorders encompassing almost all present day non-communicable diseases including autoimmune diseases, obesity, diabetes and atherosclerosis. Chronic Inflammation: Molecular Pathophysiology, Nutritional and Therapeutic Interventions provides an exposition of the process of chronic inflammation in three parts:
1.Systems Biology of Inflammation and Regulatory Mechanisms describes the process of chronic inflammation including initiation, progression, and resolution.
2.Pathologies Associated with Inflammation gives a rigorous and critical treatment of specific human health disorders where chronic inflammation plays a major role.
3.Nutrition & Therapeutics for Inflammatory Diseases details the protective abilities of structurally diverse antioxidants, phytochemicals, anti-inflammatory diets, omega-3 fatty acids, NSAIDs, disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs, and novel regimens.
Designed for scientists as well as clinicians, Chronic Inflammation provides critical understanding of the key checkpoints that regulate chronic inflammation. Going beyond the epidemiology of chronic inflammation, the text covers regulatory mechanisms controlling inflammation initiation, progression, and resolution. The authors address pathologies associated with inflammation and provide various nutritional and therapeutic interventions for inflammatory diseases.
Table of Contents
SECTION I Systems Biology of Inflammation and Regulatory Mechanisms
- The Cellular Component of Chronic Inflammation
- Mast Cells in Chronic Inflammation
- Hypoxia and Hypoxia-Inducible Factor in Inflammation
- Bioactive Phospholipid Mediators of Inflammation
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells in Atherosclerotic Development and Resolution
- Inflammation as a Confounding Factor in Regenerative Medicine
- NOx in the CNS: Inflammation and Beyond
- Resolution of Inflammation
- H2S in Inflammation
SECTION II Pathologies Associated with Inflammation
- Is There a Connection between Inflammation and Oxidative Stress?
- Chronic Inflammation and Cancer: A Matter of Lifestyle
- Chronic Wounds and Inflammation
- Multiphasic Roles for TGF-Beta in Scarring: Implications for Therapeutic Intervention
- Natural Vitamin E Tocotrienol against Neuroinflammation and Oxidative Stress
- Inflammatory Cascades in Autoimmune Disease
- Shear Stress and Vascular Inflammation: A Study in the Lung
- NGF and Its Receptor System in Inflammatory Diseases
SECTION III Nutrition & Therapeutics for Inflammatory Diseases
- Inflammation, Oxidative Stress, and Antioxidants
- Lipid Biomarkers of Inflammation
- Omega-6 and Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Inflammatory Processes
- Anti-Inflammatory Phytochemicals, Obesity, and Diabetes: An Overview
- Anti-Inflammatory Nutraceuticals and Herbal Medicines for the Management of Metabolic Syndrome
- Epigenetics and Nutriepigenomics in Chronic Inflammatory Lung Diseases: Nutritional and Therapeutic Interventions
- Biologics: Molecular Medicine from Bench to Bedside
- Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs