ISBN - 9783131472618
Autor(es) - Thomas Mang, Wolfgang Schima
Editora - Thieme
Ano de Edição - 2013
N º de Páginas - 208
Highly effective as a minimally invasive diagnostic and screening tool, CT colonography (CTC) is an important part of todays clinical armamentarium. In this concise, step-by-step guidebook, written by specialists who also run training courses in CT colonography, readers will find a wealth of information for everyday practice. From examination methods and image interpretation, to screening and reporting issues, to common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid, this compact book is all-inclusive, ideal for both beginners and more experienced examiners who want to deepen their knowledge of this powerful technique.
- Full discussion of how to begin, including indications and contraindications, patient preparation, CT examination techniques, and patient risk profile
- Strategies for data analysis and clinical interpretation, including 2D and 3D applications (virtual visualization), polyp measurement, and computer-assisted detection of polyps
- Informative, point-by-point sections on clinical findings, starting with normal anatomy of the colon and moving on to common diseases, postoperative conditions, pitfalls and artifacts, and extracolonic involvement
- More than 400 brilliant, fully labeled illustrations (176 in full-color), including normal CT scans and 2D and 3D reconstructions that demonstrate diagnostic criteria, possible differential diagnoses, and disease states
- Guidelines for standardizing reports and documenting findings
- Tips for setting up a virtual colonoscopy service in your clinic or practice
With all methods and techniques following current international guidelines and consensus statements, this book offers easy-to-implement, standardized clinical protocols that can be applied in both the clinic and private practice settings. It is essential for all radiologists and gastroenterologists who perform, interpret and report CTC findings, as well as for physicians who need a reliable overview of this robust and useful detection and screening tool.