ISBN - 9781437717259
Autor(es) - Lawrence S. Friedman, Emmet B. Keeffe
Editora - Saunders
Ano de Edição - 2012
N º de Páginas - 536
Now in full-colour throughout, the only Handbook of Liver Diseases available gives you comprehensive information on the all significant liver diseases. The outline format ensures that you get more reliable information by reading fewer words than ever before in Hepatology. Key information is clearly marked throughout and alert symbols are placed in the text to draw your attention to information that is critical to your patient's welfare. Exquisite colour illustrations, informative colour tables and selected, essential references support the text. Key points are listed at the beginning of each chapter and many new illustrations have been added.
The text is written by an International Who's Who of Hepatology so that you can absolutely depend upon the information within. The text has been produced on an exceptionally short schedule to ensure that all the material within is absolutely current.
Expedite diagnostic and therapeutic decision making with a highly templated outline format that uses full-color illustrations, tables, algorithms and figures, key point boxes, and alert symbols to present information at a glance.
New to This Edition
- Apply some of the latest treatments for liver disease including the role of pretreatment IL28B testing for patients with hepatitis B and C; radiofrequency ablation and sorafenib in cases of hepatocellular carcinoma; the use of the drug rifaximin to treat hepatic encephalopathy; and much more.
- Make optimal use of genetic testing to assess your patients' risk of metabolic liver disease and to personalize treatment regimens for chronic hepatitis C.
- Offer your liver transplantation patients the best prognosis and follow-up with the latest information on outcomes and the management of complications.
- Use blood test panels and noninvasive imaging techniques to evaluate the degree of liver fibrosis.
- Make informed treatment decisions with the latest clinical trial results for portal hypertension, autoimmune liver diseases, acute liver failure, and hepatic infections.
Search the complete text online, download all the images, and test your knowledge with 200 board-style review questions at www.expertconsult.com.
Table of Contents
1. Assessment of liver function and diagnostic studies
2. Acute liver failure
3. Acute viral hepatitis
4. Chronic viral hepatitis
5. Autoimmune hepatitis
6. Alcoholic liver disease
7. Fatty liver and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
8. Drug-induced and toxic liver disease
9. Cirrhosis and portal hypertension: an overview
10. Portal hypertension and gastrointestinal bleeding
11. Ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis
12. Hepatorenal syndrome
13. Hepatic encephalopathy
14. Primary biliary cirrhosis
15. Primary sclerosing cholangitis
17. Wilson's disease and related disorders
18. Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and other metabolic liver diseases
19. Budd-Chiari syndrome and other vascular disorders
20. The liver in heart failure
21. The liver in pregnancy
22. The liver in systemic disease
23. Pediatric liver disease
24. Liver disease in the elderly
25. HIV and the liver
26. Granulomatous liver disease
27. Hepatic tumours
28. Hepatic abscesses and cysts
29. Other infections involving the liver
30. Surgery in the patient with liver disease and postoperative jaundice
31. Liver transplantation
32. Cholelithiasis and cholecystitis
33. Diseases of the bile ducts
34. Tumors of the biliary tract