ISBN - 9780323032278
Autor(es) - Stephen T. Holgate, Martin K. Church, Lawrence M. Lichtenstein
Editora - Mosby
Ano de Edição -
N º de Páginas -
N º de páginas: 468
Ano de Edição: 2006
This comprehensive, clinically oriented full-color resource offers you a wealth of detailed information on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of allergic diseases from asthma to urticaria. Thoroughly updated to reflect today's knowledge, this 3rd Edition features all of the latest developments in allergy and immunology. Plus, a consistent, logical organization puts vital information at your fingertips.
- Features abundant algorithms that provide at-a-glance assistance in identifying the allergic conditions you encounter in practice.
- Offers in-depth information in a chapter dedicated entirely to asthma.
- Provides valuable treatment protocols that assist you in prescribing appropriate therapies and effectively managing patients' allergies.
- Includes extensive references that point the way to the key works in the literature.
- Features a new chapter on pediatric allergy, presenting detailed information on this increasingly common condition.
- Presents new authors for 25% of the chapters with 50% of the chapters completely revised and remaining chapters updated to include the most recent knowledge.
- Includes a BONUS CD-ROM containing all of the superb illustrations from the book downloadable into PowerPoint&trade.
- And much more.
Section 1: Clinical Section
1. Principles of allergy diagnosis
3. Extrinsic allergic alveolitis
7. Atopic dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis
8. Gastrointestinal allergy
9. Occupational allergy
10. Drug allergy
13. Paediatric allergy
Section 2: Basic Mechanisms Section
14. The genetic basis of allergic disease
15. Early life origins of allergy and asthma
16. Epidemiology of allergic disease
17. Allergens and pollutants
18. IgE structure, receptors and signalling
19. Antigen presentation and IgE synthesis
20. Cytokines, chemokines and adhesion proteins
21. Effector cells of allergy
22. Cellular and mediator mechanisms of the early-phase response
23. Cellular and mediator mechanisms of the allergic inflammation
24. Drugs for the treatment of allergic disease