ISBN - 9783540716389
Autor(es) - Marco Lucioni
Editora - Springer
Ano de Edição -
N º de Páginas -
N º de páginas: 110
Ano de Edição: 2007
- Step-by-step guide for the surgical procedure &lsquoneck dissection - treatment of laryngeal cancer
- Guides the reader wishing to improve his/her technical skills through the cervical structures in a practical step by step exercise
- Reader-friendly structure with core messages, complications to avoid and take home pearls where practical hints relevant for in vivo surgery are pointed out
- Richly and brilliantly illustrated with color photos and art work
- Accompanying DVD (video-clips showing surgical procedure)
- Written by well-recognized author
- Forewords from internationally renowned experts
This brilliantly illustrated manual on neck dissection is a roadmap for advanced surgeons and beginners alike. An accompanying DVD provides a resource that demonstrates the surgical techniques involved. It features a reader-friendly structure with core messages, complications to avoid and take-home pearls of wisdom where practical hints relevant for in vivo surgery are pointed out.
The book guides the reader through the cervical structures with practical step-by-step exercises. The illustrations provide an overview of all relevant surgical anatomy important for the identification and treatment of oncologic patients.
It is divided into sections, starting with the most superficial and progressing to the deepest structures, illustrating the methods employed by surgeons operating in vivo. Regional visits are supported by concise references to normal human anatomy, physiology and clinical studies as well as by practical indications and tips on operating techniques.
This guide offers valuable support to all surgeons for the identification of relevant and significant anatomical neck structures and therefore helps to improve surgical skills and avoid surgical complications.