ISBN - 9781604060515
Autor(es) - Michael G. Stewart, Samuel H. Selesnick
Editora - Thieme
Ano de Edição - 2010
N º de Páginas - 520
Pinpoint the correct diagnosis with this user-friendly guide to differential diagnosis in otolaryngology.
Designed as a practical resource for rapid and accurate diagnosis in otolaryngology--head and neck surgery and facial plastic surgery, this comprehensive manual uses an innovative format that simulates what physicians experience in daily practice. Each symptom-based chapter opens with the patient?s presentation followed by an easily accessible list of potential diagnoses and supplementary data on the features of the different diseases to help the user correctly identify the problem.
- Chapters labeled by signs and symptoms -- not by disease -- enable quick clinical reference
- In-depth coverage of the diagnostic evaluation, including PET/CT of the head and neck, allergy and immunologic evaluation, key information on how to assess a variety of complaints, and much more
- Numerous cross-references throughout the text clearly link different symptoms and diseases to provide a solid understanding of each diagnosis
- 82 high-quality illustrations and clinical photographs, including 52 in full-color, demonstrate lesions and diseases
- Well-organized tables of rare diseases and syndromes aid rapid review