ISBN - 9780729540896
Autor(es) - Sandra Johnson
Editora - Churchill Livingstone
Ano de Edição - 2013
N º de Páginas - 320
This practical guide to child development offers a succinct study of Childhood Development Paediatrics, with practical applications for helping the child and family through all areas of the developmental process. It combines physical and psychological problems in the development of children, which might be already present at birth or apparent later in life.
The book covers diverse topics like developmental delay, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorders, autism, Asperger syndrome, behaviour difficulties, language disorders, emotional difficulties, neurological impairments that affect development (examples being cerebral palsy and brain injury) and motor coordination problems. In addition there is a chapter on legal issues, which is helpful for doctors with no training in law.
The book also offers online case scenarios on autism, ADHD, school refusal and truancy, cerebral palsy and child abuse and neglect. The cases are followed by questions to test the acquired knowledge of the student on these topics.
- Clinically focused, concise text providing practical tips(e.g. history, physical examination, assessment techniques)
- Comparison of normal and abnormal/normal development
- Definitions (Chapters.8,11,12) to clarify terms
- Several chapters (e.g. Chapters 8,9,10) inform about special problems/illnesses, which are increasing in incidence
- Online case scenarios on autism, ADHD, school refusal and truancy, cerebral palsy and child abuse and neglect