ISBN - 9781416056249
Autor(es) - Jay P. Goldsmith, Edward H. Karotkin
Editora - Saunders
Ano de Edição - 2010
N º de Páginas - 608
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Assisted Ventilation of the Neonate, 5th Edition, by Drs. Jay P. Goldsmith and Edward Karotkin, guides you through the latest innovations in ventilatory assistance, helping you improve outcomes and quality of life in newborns. With a new emphasis on non-invasive ventilation and earlier extubation, it covers basic concepts of pulmonary pathophysiology and offers practical guidance on both basic and advanced ventilation management strategies. You’ll also have easy access to the complete contents and illustrations online at expertconsult.com.
- Access expert coverage of all aspects of neonatal pulmonary care-including complications, nutrition, transport, outcomes, follow-up, and parental education.
- Sharpen your diagnostic and clinical skills with case studies drawn from actual patients.
- Find key facts fast with more than 30 quick-reference appendices: normal values, assessment charts, ICU flow charts, procedure steps, and other useful tools.
- Learn how to best use assisted ventilation equipment and pharmacologic agents to prevent long-term pulmonary and neurologic damage.
- Benefit from Drs. Goldsmith and Karotkin's widely acknowledged expertise in neonatology and pulmonology.
New to this edition
- Incorporate the latest innovations in ventilatory strategies in your practice.
- Gain new insight into today’s hottest topics including Ventilator Associated Pneumonia; Quality Improvement; Ventilation of Neonates in Developing Countries; and Human Interactions with Mechanical Ventilators.
- Access the complete contents and illustrations online at expertconsult.com - fully searchable!
- Understand the pros and cons of non-invasive ventilation and earlier extubation.
- Avoid ventilator-associated illness and injury with practical guidance in this vital area.