ISBN - 9781416056430
Autor(es) - Francis H. Shen, Christopher Shaffrey
Editora - Saunders
Ano de Edição - 2009
N º de Páginas - 442
The Spine—a volume in the new Arthritis and Arthroplasty series—offers expert guidance on everything from patient selection and pre-operative planning to surgical approaches and techniques. Francis H. Shen, MD and Christopher I. Shaffrey, MD present clear, evidence-based coverage detailing which technology and methodology is best for each patient. Access discussions of debates on minimally invasive surgery; whether metal/polyethylene, metal-metal, or ceramic-ceramic is the best/most appropriate bearing surface; cemented vs. uncemented fixation of the components; and more. View expertly narrated video demonstrations of surgical techniques. In addition to providing practical, pragmatic advice in a concise, readable format, this Expert Consult title offers the full text of the book, as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates, online.
- Access the full text of the book—as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates—online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Provides evidence-based, clinically focused guidance on patient selection, pre-operative planning, surgical approach and techniques, instrumentation, disease specific options, the management and avoidance of complications, and more.
- Discusses variations in technique, including thoracoscopy, microdiscectomy, interbody fusion, osteotomies, laminectomy, MIS decompression techniques and more.
- Explores alternatives to fusion in younger arthritic patients, including disc arthroplasty, facet joint replacement, nucleus replacement.
- Includes a review page in every chapter for quick reference to pearls and pitfalls for each topic.
- Presents photographs and interpretive drawings of surgical techniques in full color to bring out intraoperative details as they appear in the operating room.
- Features procedural videos—narrated by experts—on the included DVD so you can see how to perform particular techniques.