ISBN - 9780323083331
Autor(es) - Harald O. Heymann, Edward J. Swift, Jr., Andre V. Ritter
Editora - Mosby
Ano de Edição - 2013
N º de Páginas - 672
Get a better picture of operative dentistry from the most complete text on the market. Using a detailed, heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach, this comprehensive guide helps you master the fundamentals and procedures of restorative and preventive dentistry and learn to make informed decisions to solve patient needs. This widely respected text draws from both theory and practice, and is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research. The new edition features a new full-color design, significant content updates, and a new companion website with six supplemental chapters, videos, and more.
- Comprehensive coverage spans the entire spectrum of operative dentistry, including fundamentals, diagnosis, instrumentation, preparation, restoration, and prevention.
- Practical, scientific approach to content is supported by sound clinical and laboratory research and incorporates both theory and practice.
- Clear presentation of techniques and procedures uses a consistent pattern to cover each restorative process.
- Procedural alternatives instruct on how to adapt a procedure or technique to answer individual patient needs.
- Pros and cons of restoration options discuss the advantages, disadvantages, indications, and contraindications involved to help you make informed decisions when multiple treatment options are available.
Table of Contents
CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF DENTAL ANATOMY, HISTOLOGY, PHYSIOLOGY, AND OCCLUSION
DENTAL CARIES: ETIOLOGY, CLINICAL CHARACTERISTICS, RISK ASSESSMENT, AND MANAGEMENT
PATIENT ASSESSMENT, EXAMINATION AND DIAGNOSIS, AND TREATMENT PLANNING
FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS OF ENAMEL AND DENTIN ADHESION
FUNDAMENTALS IN TOOTH PREPARATION AND PULP PROTECTION
INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR TOOTH PREPARATION
PRELIMINARY CONSIDERATIONS FOR OPERATIVE DENTISTRY
INTRODUCTION TO COMPOSITE RESTORATIONS
CLASS III, IV, AND V DIRECT COMPOSITE AND GLASS IONOMER RESTORATIONS
CLASS I, II, AND VI DIRECT COMPOSITE RESTORATIONS AND OTHER TOOTH-COLORED RESTORATIONS
CLASS I AND II INDIRECT TOOTH-COLORED RESTORATIONS
ADDITIONAL CONSERVATIVE ESTHETIC PROCEDURES
INTRODUCTION TO AMALGAM RESTORATIONS
CLASS I, II, AND VI AMALGAM RESTORATIONS
CLASS III AND V AMALGAM RESTORATIONS
COMPLEX AMALGAM RESTORATIONS
CLASS II CAST METAL RESTORATIONS
PAIN CONTROL FOR OPERATIVE DENTISTRY
BONDED SPLINTS AND BRIDGES
DIRECT GOLD RESTORATIONS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR TOOTH PREPARATION