ISBN - 9780763790868
Autor(es) - Sharon Bell Buchbinder, Nancy H. Shanks
Editora - Jones & Bartlett Publishers
Ano de Edição - 2011
N º de Páginas - 498
Introduction to Health Care Management is a concise, reader-friendly, introductory healthcare management book that covers a wide variety of healthcare settings, from hospitals to nursing homes and clinics. Filled with examples to engage the reader’s imagination, the important issues in healthcare management, such as ethics, cost management, strategic planning and marketing, information technology, and human resources, are all thoroughly covered.
Guidelines and rubrics along with numerous case studies make this text both student-friendly and teacher friendly. It is the perfect resource for students of healthcare management, nursing, allied health, business administration, pharmacy, occupational therapy, public administration, and public health.
- Chapters contributed by real experts using an active voice to grab the reader’s attention.
- Learning objectives and discussion questions in each chapter.
- Instructors’ resources online for each chapter, including PowerPoints, Test Bank, and Sample Syllabus.
- Case studies in a wide variety of settings, in an assortment of healthcare management topics.
- A case study guide, with rubrics for evaluation of student performance, enabling instructors at every level of experience to hit the ground running on that first day of class.
New to the Second Edition
- A new introductory chapter: “Understanding Health Care Management”
- A new chapter on Health Care Marketing
- A new discussion of healthcare planning and examples of planning models
- New contributing authors – experts in their fields
- New section on emotional intelligence
- Over seven new case studies
- Improved case study instructions
Online resources now include
- Syllabus for 8-week online course
- Key discussion points for each case study
- Role play, simulation, and scripts for students
- Online video references
Table of Contents
About the Authors
Chapter 1 An Overview of Healthcare Management
Chapter 2 Leadership
Chapter 3 Management and Motivation
Chapter 4 Organizational Behavior and Management Thinking
Chapter 5 Strategic Planning
Chapter 6 Healthcare Marketing
Chapter 7 Quality Improvement Basics
Chapter 8 Information Technology
Chapter 9 Financing Health Care and Health Insurance
Chapter 10 Managing Costs and Revenues
Chapter 11 Managing Healthcare Professionals
Chapter 12 The Strategic Management of Human Resources
Chapter 13 Teamwork
Chapter 14 Addressing Health Disparities: Cultural Proficiency
Chapter 15 Ethics and Law
Chapter 16 Fraud and Abuse
Chapter 17 Healthcare Management Case Studies and Guidelines