ISBN - 9780323036634
Autor(es) - Alan Stevens, James S. Lowe
Editora - Mosby
Ano de Edição -
N º de Páginas -
N º de páginas: 464
Ano de Edição: 2004
Human Histology is a well-established textbook, combining a superb layout and illustration program with concise, student friendly text. Clinical scenarios in each chapter link the basic science to clinical practice, making histology stimulating and relevant to current medical students. Other pedagogical features include 'advanced concept' and 'practical histology'sections, making it easy for the reader to dip in to these subjects without being overwhelmed with material. The new edition has been thoroughly updated with the latest information in molecular biology, a new chapter on histological investigations, extra clinical information and even better images. It will also have a related revision site on Flesh and Bones, including exam questions and an image test bank.
- Highly illustrated with excellent didactic 4-colour illustrations and high quality electronmicrographs and photomicrographs. Helps understanding of histological concepts and recognition of microscopic structures.
- Clear, student-friendly text. Makes the subject of histology, commonly seen as complicated and dull, accessible to the average medical student
- Pedagogical boxes, including clinical boxes, advanced concept boxes and practical histology boxes. The key laboratory, clinical and high level scientific material is included without overcomplicating the text.
- New introductory chapter on histological investigations. Readers can immediately see the relevance of histology to clinical practice.
- Text updated to include the latest advances in molecular biology. The book is up to date in the latest research
- Clinical material updated and expanded. Book made more relevant and attractive to medical students
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter. Ensures that readers recognise the key material for each chapter, and follows an educational approach being increasingly adopted.
- Extra revision features for Flesh and Bones website. Attractive and interactive revision tools for exam-conscious students
- Histology - Don't Switch Off