ISBN - 9780323376778
Autor(es) - Danny Milner
Editora - Amirsys
Ano de Edição - 2016
N º de Páginas - 440
Diagnostic Pathology: Infectious Diseases takes a comprehensive look at infectious diseases, their anatomic manifestations, and how to ensure a complete and accurate sign out at the microscope. A user-friendly chapter landscape and thousands of high-quality images combine to make this medical reference book a key companion for the general surgical pathologist or resident in training.
- Comprehensive discussions on how to sign out cases.
- Formatted into sections by organism type (Virus, Bacteria, Fungi, and Parasite), and further divided by those that can be diagnosed on histological appearance.
- Species-specific pathologies for finding "zebra" cases.
Essential information is listed in a bulleted format with numerous high-quality images to facilitate learning.
- "Key Facts" highlight the quick criteria needed for diagnosis or adequacy evaluation at the time of a procedure.
- Features clear pictures of diagnostic forms, ancillary diagnostic tools, including microbiology and molecular diagnostics, pathological reaction patterns expected for given organisms, and important common and uncommon pathogens.
- Explains when and when not to use molecular diagnostics, and discusses histological limitations and how to address them at sign out.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.